Friday, December 21, 2007

Hi-ho, the glamorous life!

This past quarter has been quite a new experience for me. I have never actually done quite so much business travel - and I must admit, I enjoyed (almost) every minute of it!

Sure, I really never totally unpacked my suitcase for two and a half months. And of course, there were the long, terrifying trips, driving giant, unfamiliar Landyachts filled with 1500 pounds of textbooks and course materials through nasty weather, with tractor trailers riding so close to the bumper that the parking alarm won't stop beeping. And sure, there were the cranky delegates who were angry that they could not sign in when I arrived to set up at six-thirty in the morning. And yes, there was that guy who got up in my face (literally) because he was ticked off that I was making him sign in each day, and wouldn't let him leave early and still get all of his CE credits.

But then again, there were the cushy hotel beds, the hot tubs, the per diem stipends, and accruing enough Marriott reward points that I am now a "Silver Status" guest and only have to pay $25 for my room for my friend's wedding on New Year's Eve.

All in all, I finally feel rather grown-up.

It's too bad that January will be our "slow" period. And that, until next fall, all of my conferences will be here in town.

I suppose I shall have to return to mundane life. (;

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home