Wednesday, January 14, 2009


So it's been two years and I'm not yet done with the binary scarf (but only because I had put it away for a year and forgotten when I put it), and I haven't gone anywhere with the pi scarf (I have no excuse for that)... but I couldn't resist starting another scarfy project.

Last weekend, when I was laying around, feeling all rhinovirus-y, I watched a bunch of DVRed Doctor Who episodes and came up with a Great Idea to knit a scarf that emulates the pattern of panels on the TARDIS door.

Except, once I started doing it, it turns out that my Great Idea wasn't quite as simple as I thought it would be. The horizontal purl rows (to serve as the top side of each panel) kept popping out instead of indenting.

It was really frustrating.

Someone recommended some different patterns for inspiration, and I sort of combined them. I frogged the entire project and started from scratch, but I think I've got something.

One level down... four feet worth more to go!

Labels: , ,


Post a Comment

<< Home