Thursday, August 05, 2010

A glorious evening at the cinema!

Well, I made it to GenCon without melting or spontaneously combusting - though I came pretty darned close, a couple of times! (Apparently I alarmed a couple of people when I showed up to claim my badge, face matching my red dress...)

I had many happy meets, had dinner at the TGIFriday's that's attached to my hotel. Well, attached to the hotel that's attached to my hotel.

And THEN!!!!

It was off to the Circle City Cinema for an epic double-feature of Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan and Star Trek III: The Search for Spock.

What a fantastic experience - being in a theatre full of happy nerds, all bouncing with excitement.

It was so much fun to see these movies on the big screen, again, after all these years!

And you know, despite all of the silly jokes about Kirk, Wrath of Khan was really a vehicle for prime Kirk-ness - the cunning tactics, the epic battles, The Line! (Oh, yes, when he screamed, "KHAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!" the entire auditorium burst into cheers!)

I spent the whole time with a goofy grin on my face, and left feeling thoroughly exhilerated.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home