Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Believe it, or not...

I was at the public library, looking for some CDs to listen to at work, and I wandered over to peruse the DVDs. There, on the bottom shelf, I saw something that caught my eye - season one of Greatest American Hero!

I had loved that show when it originally aired, and as I hadn't seen it in twenty years, I wanted to see if it was as good as I remembered it to be.

So, I checked it out.

I spent the better part of the next few evenings watching one episode after another. Suddenly, I was struck with the silly idea to make a shirt with the sign from The Suit on it... to wear while I staffed my friend's booth at GenCon.

So, I did! I did a search online for the logo, and with the help of my neighbors and their color printer, made an iron-on transfer. I ironed it onto a red long-sleeve shirt I picked up at Goodwill for a buck and a half, et voila!

I wore it proudly, and was actually surprised at the number of people who recognized it. (Over half of the people attending the convention had probably not even been born by the time the show went off the air!)

But what surprised me even more was discovering who happened to be in the booth right behind us:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home